Week 9 Blog: City of Roses

    • Describe a time that visited a place for the first time. What do you remember? What were you drawn to? Felt uncertain about? If you could visit again, what would you do while there?

 I remember the first time I visited Portland, Oregon and the Oregon Coast.  I was blown away by the beauty of this state as it reminded me of the green misty foliage and trees of Atlanta. I was drawn to the wild roses, misty mornings, green moss, numerous trees, rivers and waterfalls. A bonus was visiting the Pacific Ocean for the first time at Haystack rock. Pictures don't do justice for the rocks enormousness. I have very fond memories of Silver Falls State Park, which was one of the best state parks i had ever been to since you can go behind enormous waterfalls. 

In all honesty, I faced some uncertainty in realizing that moving to Oregon would have likely been a better choice and fit for me when I decided to leave Atlanta. This was based on the setting and what the city had to offer. I've learned to like and miss rainy days since moving to Colorado and I miss having overcast weather and seasons. Not to say that I don't like it in CO, as I am very grateful to have found the Digital Design program out here, the state is just not for me in the longterm. 

If I could visit Oregon again, I would likely go back to see Crater Lake, Mt. Hood, Multnomah Falls, and the Coast again. Last time I visited Multnomah Falls area had been devastated by wildfires recently, so it was closed off from visiting and being repaired.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 14 Blog: Inspiration in Colorado

Week 10 Blog: Marina Abramović