Week 13 Blog: Personal Creativity Development

My personal creativity and development has changed over this semester by having my hand forced at challenging myself. Before, I would easily throw in the towel when things seemed too difficult or hard - per my own personal thoughts on my design capabilities. This happened multiple times throughout this semester when it came to being presented with new 2D or 3D Motion projects on programs I hadn't used before. I would procrastinate, start the design, and when something wouldn't work - get a strong sense of panic and imposter syndrome, and then ultimately cry lol. But honestly, after getting all THAT out of my system, I would bring myself to problem solve and end up with some of the best design projects I've ever done. 

I guess you could say that the way I developed my creativity was by building my confidence. Doing these projects instilled a strong drive and desire to prove myself and also brought out my huge competitive streak. I am more than capable of doing big things and I've shown this based on professor feedback, I just had to get over my self-doubt on tackling new things in order to prove it.



Comments

  1. I’ve learned some similar things. I think it’s easy to feel so overwhelmed that you rather not do any of it and just put it to the back of your mind, but I think it’ great to challenge yourself and face things head on, and that’s cool that you’ve learned how to do that more.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week 14 Blog: Inspiration in Colorado

Week 9 Blog: City of Roses

Week 10 Blog: Marina Abramović